Umberto Bellotto
1882 - 1940
Born in Venice in 1882 he inherits his father's blacksmith's workshop and in 1910, together with the architect Cesare Laurenti, he is awarded the patent for the “connubio of iron and glass. He exhibits at the Biennale di Venezia in 1914 and 1920. The glasswares of his compositions are executed by Artisti Barovier's and by F.lli Toso's. In 1927 he exhibits at the Triennale di Milano the blown wares executed by Pauly & C. Called to Rome in 1928 by the minister for Public Works, the venetian Giuseppe Giurati, he abandons glassmaking activities altogether.
click to enlarge